Me in 10 seconds
I'm a musician, programmer, writer, entrepreneur, and student — though not in that order.
I'm fascinated with the usable psychology of self-improvement, communication, business, philosophy, and cross-cultural relativism. I love seeing a different point of view.
Total introvert (INTJ). I thrive in solitude.
Minimalist. I prefer giving to getting.
California native. I now live in New Zealand.
Deeply happy and anti-drama, my favorite fable is 塞翁失马.
CURRENT UPDATE: Here's what I'm doing now.
Official Bragging Bio
Originally a professional musician and circus clown, Derek Sivers created CD Baby in 1998.
It became the largest seller of independent music online, with $100M in sales for 150,000 musicians.
In 2008, Derek sold CD Baby for $22M, giving the proceeds to a charitable trust for music education.
He is a frequent speaker at the TED Conference, with over 5 million views of his talks.
In 2011, he moved to Singapore and published a book which shot to #1 on all of its Amazon categories.
His new company is Wood Egg, publishing annual guides to 16 countries in Asia.
Newest Posts all posts
Popular Posts all posts
Projects all projects and code
Photos (click for big)
Tweets all tweets
- January 21
- Why I've been quiet online lately: http://sivers.org/boring
- January 9
- Treat yourself to 3 minutes of some of the most interesting music you’ll ever hear. The Bulgarian women’s choir: http://youtu.be/mrcgDhpS3uo
- January 7
- People who say “day job” are my kind of people.
- December 23
- People ask why I'm not writing much. I am. It's just code: https://github.com/sivers?tab=activity
- December 19
- What's the opposite of effort? (Real question. Any suggestions?)
- December 10
- Mark Manson is one of the best writers I know: http://markmanson.net/best-articles
Keep in touch
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for any reason.
I reply to all, and much prefer email over social networks.
Get on my private email list, here: